Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) Careers
All vacancies within the Trust – for both academies and central offices – are advertised via the OAT Careers section of the My New Term website, which can be found here.
Vacancies specifically at Ormiston Sudbury Academy
These will appear, as a ‘subsection’ of the above OAT section, here
For posts at Ormiston Sudbury Academy, successful candidates will:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate, with the drive and determination.
- Support students to be the best that they can be.
- Be a dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with students and colleagues.
- Be flexible and support other faculties if required.
- Be a professional who models expectations and promotes positive behaviour.
- Be committed to all students achieving their full potential and the learning vision of the Academy.
- Be driven, motivated, adaptable, resilient, reflective and have a good sense of humour.
- Have a high standard of education including GCSE (or equivalent) C/level 4 or above in English and maths.
- Be familiar with and uphold safeguarding policies and willing to assist with medical and first aid requirements of the students
If you feel you are the right person for the job, and would relish the opportunity of working with us in our supportive and stimulating professional environment, then we welcome your application.
- Ormiston Trust is fast becoming one of the largest sponsors of academies in the country. It established Ormiston Academies Trust to manage the transformation of learning and improve performance in its academies. Ormiston Academies are encouraged to collaborate and share best practice. This process has been successful in ensuring rapid and quality-driven improvements for the entire family of Ormiston Academies. The Trust is an ethical sponsor, committed to improving the life chances of children and young people.
- The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including identity, Right To Work, 2 satisfactory references, medical clearance and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check with Children’s Barred list check included.
- Ormiston Sudbury Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Compulsory Declaration of any Convictions, Cautions or Reprimands, Warnings or Bind-overs.
- It is the academy’s policy to require all applicants for employment to disclose any previous ‘unspent’ criminal convictions and any cautions which have not expired, or any pending prosecutions. In addition, the job you are applying for is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (exceptions order 1975) which requires you to disclose all spent convictions and cautions except those which are ‘protected’ under Police Act 1997 – Part V and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) and are not subject to disclosure to employers on DBS certificates and cannot be taken into account. Guidance on the filtering of “protected” cautions and convictions which do not need to be disclosed by a job applicant can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website.